THE e-commerce business is booming. Experts also predict 95 percent of purchases will be made online come 2040. E-commerce sales are also expected to grow 15 percent each year, dominating the retail market.
As the e-commerce industry grows, so does the competition. If you’re running an e-commerce business, you need to take the necessary steps to improve your digital marketing strategy. Let’s look at a few ways you can maximize your e-commerce business with a solid digital strategy.
1. Start with publishing great content.
An effective way to ensure your e-commerce site becomes the go-to of your target customers is by providing high-quality content. Any content you post should be original and engaging. Most importantly, it should target the right audience.
Write content that can deliver the most impact to your business. The messaging should be clear to your target customers instead of writing for a general audience. Provide your target audience with the information they need, and present it in a way that will leave a strong impression.
If your website has original, high-quality content, your e-commerce business is can have a stronger value position than your competitors.
One of the pitfalls you have to be careful of is creating the same type of content over and over. Apply variety in your content marketing plan. Using other forms of content, such as photos, videos, and newsletters is a great way to engage your audience and share valuable information. Whenever you create content, think of how you want people to engage and remain on your site.
2. Stay social.
Don’t underestimate the importance of social media. In 2018, Facebook had 2.27 billion active users every month–and that’s just one social network. But, it shows the marketing potential here, especially if you’re into ecommerce in the Philippines.
Use social media to engage with existing customers, expand your reach, provide updates, and find influencers. Follow the standard 80:20 rule here. The idea behind this is you only need to use 20 percent of direct promotions for your social media marketing, while the remaining 80 percent focuses on providing genuine value to your target users.
Social media is a great channel for storytelling. Address a problem that users are facing by discussing how your products can provide them with a potential solution.
Through social media, you can also highlight what separates your business from the others. This is crucial in the competitive e-commerce landscape. There are between 12 and 24 million e-commerce stores selling products online. The chances of you selling the same products and competing for the same customer base are high. Social media marketing offers a way for you to stand out and show what makes your business better than the rest.
These days, customers want to connect and form relationships with the brands they buy from. If you can form this relationship through social media, you will not only get their business, but also gain their loyalty. This means repeat sales and a stream of loyal customers serving as your brand advocates.
3. Leverage the power of email marketing.
Email marketing is effective for reaching out to your customers, but keeping their interest long enough to read your email is the challenge. Personalize the message, so your email doesn’t look like it’s written just for the sake of having it sent.
You want to promote your business, but make sure the reader gets value out of it. One way to do this is by offering discount codes or vouchers or promotions.
Use a strong call to action. Be clear on what you want the recipient to do after receiving your email. The right call to action will make sure that users click through the email and land on your e-commerce store.
4. Paid ads can pay off.
Pay-Per-Click marketing can be a great investment for e-commerce businesses, but only if you take the right approach.
When launching paid ads, make sure the ad copy, the value proposition in the message, and the landing page are all aligned. Use compelling, high-converting messages in the copy. The landing page needs to provide the value the customers are looking for when they saw your ad. It should also be set up with the right keywords to ensure you’re targeting customers who have a high intent to purchase from you.
5. A holistic digital strategy for your e-commerce business.
Developing a digital marketing plan can help you e-commerce business unlock new potential and remain a market leader. With the strategies above, you can jumpstart your digital growth and experience a surge of customers for business.
Fitz Villafuerte is a registered financial planner of RFP Philippines. To learn more about personal-financial planning, attend the 98th RFP program this October. To inquire, e-mail [email protected] or text at 0917-6248110.